Why Guest Post with Us
- We are a collaborative network of school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers who love to share and promote each other’s work.
- We share posts on our social media channels.
- We consider guest bloggers for more permanent contributor roles on the site.
Who Reads This Anyway?
Love or Hate ‘Em, We Got Rules
- We try to live up to our name so our posts have a confident tone. We are confident in our expertise and the unique skills we have in a school. We have also been in our readers’ shoes, so our confidence comes with a hefty dose of humility and kindness. All our posts are shooting for this balance.
- Posts must be useful to school mental health staff in PreK-12. This includes not only digestible strategies, but ensuring that those strategies are evidence-based.
- Posts cannot be just selling a product or service. You are welcome to mention or link to a resource if it is relevant to your topic, but our readers should be able to gain value from your post without having to buy something.
- We love freebies! If you want to link to a freebie on Teacherspayteachers or on Google Drive, that is always welcome.
- Word Count between 700-1500 words is ideal.
- Your post must be written for Confident Counselors and not published elsewhere.
- There are 3 photos that must be included (FB, Pinterest, and a Feature Image), and additional in action photos, as relevant, is great. All photos must be acquired with all the necessary commercial use licenses (i.e., a stock photo site versus saving from Google Images. Big no no).
(the list is endless tho)
- Growth Mindset in Counseling
- Strategies to support students with anxiety (eg., test anxiety, separation anxiety, social anxiety)
- Helping students with a recent loss
- Running divorce groups in middle school
- Self-control strategies for younger students
- Executive function strategies and organizational hacks for middle schoolers
- Supporting students in exploring career paths
- Incorporating self-regulation in individual counseling
- Like we said, the list is endless …
Come On, Submit the Form.